Author Topic: And POOF They Were Gone!  (Read 382 times)

Offline Bear

• Administrator
  • "Is that my Beer?"
    • View Profile
And POOF They Were Gone!
« on: May 23, 2018, 05:11:29 AM »
Well to be Honest I did not see this coming BUT I guess this happens.  ???
After the launch wipe we had a very promising server.  Very active and it seemed to be a good community.  What happens next I suppose I can be at blame for since when I increased the Server to 40 Players I also increased Clan size from 5 to 10. THAT was my mistake.
We ended up with I think six clans all were 1,2 and 3 members with the exception of a clan that had 9. They were a gaming community that could have loaded up more than that easily.  They were a PvP  focused Clan which I can respect HOWEVER they were extremely aggressive . I can also respect that BUT we set up the server rules to be a bit more laid back, as we have done for the past year.
I received more complaints naming that Clan in a weeks span than I received the entire year that we ran our server  :D That's Awesome for an Official Server but not with our rule set.
Everything came to a head and the large Clan ended up having 3 members banned for Griefing. Spawn Camping while talking shit over and over.  :D
Once again something we used to do on a daily basis in AoC BUT this is not AoC and The server rules were set and agreed to before anyone joined the server.
Bottom line the server pop is down to about 6 and I know that is no big deal because after every wipe we get a new population of mostly new players, always a holdover or two.  8)
Everything is ok  in spite of the server drama  :D We do not plan on a wipe any time soon as there are some that hung in there that need to hit max level, be happy with what they built and also clear some of the end game content , then MAYBE we wipe and do it all over again.  :-*