Register

Multi-Game PC Gaming Community

DbD Gaming

Author Topic: Finally got a VPN  (Read 208 times)

Offline Bear

• Administrator
  • "Is that my Beer?"
    • View Profile
Finally got a VPN
« on: February 08, 2018, 05:18:28 AM »
After staying away from p2p since the last big crackdown I decided to bite the bullet and get a vpn!  ???

Nord offers a 3 day trial and after that is over they offer you a Special to get it for $40 for one year! That is a GREAT deal but not as good as there 2 year deal they are running for $2.75 per month!

They seem to be pretty good and have Specialty Servers to provide you with supposedly better speeds. I am just not really impressed with the speeds I get though.  I use it for Torrent Sites in order to get anything quickly I can only run one download at a time in spite of my Internet package which is very fast up and down.
Don't get me wrong, I am very happy that they are so secure, running your encrypted traffic through two separate servers to ensure that it is safe but I was wondering if they are all that slow or is that just the price to pay to be secure.  :-\

Offline master

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Finally got a VPN
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2018, 08:56:10 AM »
P2P speeds is always difficult to get a steady grip on. Since im using VPN for all my downloading it seems to be more varied. But waiting a bit longer for downloads definitely outweighs the possibility of getting those nice MPAA/BSA notices in the mailbox ;).

I use Windscribe btw, during black friday i picked up a 20 months for 20$ subscription.
Spearhead ftw!