Tried it out today

Conan Exiles General Discussion
Bear
Site Admin

Tried it out today

Post by Bear » Tue Jan 31, 2017 10:50 pm

I tried it out today looks like a lot of fun. I was hosting a server from the game application I was playing on as it seems there were problems with the servers . It was very laggy for me. I am playing around with getting the server hosting files and see if it is any better hosting from a dedicated machine.

Myro

Re: Tried it out today

Post by Myro » Wed Feb 01, 2017 3:45 am

this confuses me is it like CoD style where a group has there own server and people join it?

Bear
Site Admin

Post by Bear » Wed Feb 01, 2017 8:32 am

Myro wrote:
Wed Feb 01, 2017 3:45 am
this confuses me is it like CoD style where a group has there own server and people join it?
Yes pretty much. There are about 50 Official Servers I think I read and you can either host your own or rent one but just like CoD there are a TON of servers out there. The only problem I can see would be the same problems you run into on any server rented by a clan or just a player. You would just have to find one that is not ran by a bunch of idiots.

For example, if we had a server we could lock it down just for us and crank up XP for leveling and crafting until we were maxed then open it up for play with normal settings.
I would never do that but from what I see from the server admin settings it is possible and if it is possible then you know some server Admins WILL be doing it.

Myro

Post by Myro » Thu Feb 02, 2017 1:23 am

yeah dont think i like that

Bear
Site Admin

Post by Bear » Thu Feb 02, 2017 4:22 am

Myro wrote:
Thu Feb 02, 2017 1:23 am
yeah dont think i like that
Same as playing a FPS, you have to pick servers with good Admins. That is why I always preferred to have our own.

Bear
Site Admin

Post by Bear » Thu Feb 02, 2017 11:13 am

Well I played on a regular Server last night and it was much smoother until I was disconnected for some reason in the middle of a fight with a mob.

Back to what I was telling Myro, after being disconnected from a dedicated server I created another server from the machine I was playing on and not as an Admin I was able to achieve Max level with the click of a button but I also was able to spawn the best gear in the game and any building components I wanted, regenerate health and so on.
As bad as that sounds I am still confident that you can find servers where that will not be an issue but Holy Crap, What a Temptation that will be as an Admin NOT to take advantage of that. Speaking for myself, If I were to do that it would not only take the fun out of the game but ultimately make me stop playing.